60W Power Supply

BFN Series Board discussions
Paulo

60W Power Supply

Post by Paulo »

I got my BFN4K system and it came with 60W power supply. I was expecting 12v/2a PSU. May I know its something wrong I received or there is any other reason. Not going to power on this system until I get any concrete confirmation.
If it damages my board, this forum post should be my savior.
bfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 60W Power Supply

Post by bfadmin »

The system board operates at 12V/2A in idle or minimal use conditions, as confirmed through tests with OPNSense and pfSense, showing a consumption of 0.5 Amp during normal operation. To ensure the seamless integration of external devices, such as WiFi cards, LTE, and USB drives, without power constraints, we provide a high-capacity power supply. This approach ensures optimal performance without significantly impacting electricity costs, maintaining uninterrupted power supply.

Given the diversity of customer requirements and the potential addition of external devices, it's impractical to tailor the power supply to individual usage scenarios at the point of sale.

The supplied power adapter is compatible with BFN4KB, BFN1KB, and BFN5KB systems, ensuring reliable and safe operation.

P.S. We are covering full warranty on our boards and systems. If you buy a power supply with the board then your board is 100% under warranty for one year (without extended warranty) and you will get a replacement.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

That was quick.
Thanks, I will run this system and will share my experience.
bfadmin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by bfadmin »

You can contact us through our site. This forum is not for this kind of message.